THANK YOU FOR ADVOCATING FOR PATIENTS AND FOR THE PROFESSION. THANK YOU FOR PRECEPTING STUDENTS AND NEW EMPLOYEES. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND FOR DOING YOUR BEST. YOU ARE TRIED AND TESTED EACH DAY BUT YOU KEEP PUSHING ON. YOU MAKE US PROUD EVERYDAY!
President: The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Society. The President shall preside at the annual business meeting and all meetings of the Board of Directors; prepare an agenda for the annual business meeting and submit it to the membership not fewer than thirty (30) days prior to such a meeting in accordance with Article VIII of these Bylaws; prepare an agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors and submit it to the members of the Board no fewer than fifteen (15) days prior to such a meeting, appoint standing and special committees and a Student Representative subject to the approval of the Board of Directors; be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Election and Nominations Committees; present to the Board of Directors and membership an annual report of the Society’s activities.
President-elect: The President-elect shall become acting President and shall assume the duties of the President in the event of the President’s absence, resignation, or disability; they shall perform such other duties as shall be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
Vice President: The Vice President shall perform such duties as shall be assigned by the President and Board of Directors. The Vice President shall assume the duties but not the office of the President-elect in the event of the President-elect’s absence, resignation, or disability; and will also continue to carry out the duties of the office of the Vice President.
Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have charge of all funds and securities of the Society; endorsing checks, notes, or other orders for the payment of bills; disbursing funds as authorized by the Board of Directors and/or in accordance with the adopted budget; depositing funds as the Board of Directors may designate. The Treasurer shall see that full accurate accounts are kept; make a written quarterly financial report to the Board of Directors; and a complete written yearly report at the annual business meeting of the Board of Directors. At the expense of the Society, they shall be bonded in an amount determined by the Board of Directors.
Secretary: The Secretary shall have charge of keeping the minutes of the Board of Directors meeting, regular business meetings and the annual business meeting; submitting a copy of the minutes of every meeting of the Board of Directors and other Society business meetings to the Executive Office of the AARC within thirty (30) days following the meeting; executing the general correspondence; and in general performing the duties as from time to time shall be assigned by the President or the Board of Directors.
Delegate: (as specified by AARC Bylaws) shall 1.) Attend all meetings of the House of Delegates and report the activities to the respective Chartered Affiliate. 2.) Attend the Annual Business Meeting of the Association as the representative of the Active Members of the Association within their respective Chartered Affiliate. 3.) Furnish the Elections Committee with the names of qualified members for nomination as Director-at-Large. 4.) At the direction of their respective Chartered Affiliate, present proposed amendments to the Bylaws Committee. 5.) Perform such other duties of office as may be necessary or required.
ISRC is looking for a student to represent Idaho at the House of Delegates meeting in 2019. Below you can find the information regarding the requirements.
HOD Student Mentorship requirements:
- You must be an active AARC Student member.
- You must submit a letter of recommendation from either your Program Director or Clinical Director.
- You must submit, not later than August 26, 2019, an essay to Jeff Anderson, Delegate for Idaho at email@example.com and include in the subject line “I Want to Go to AARC International Congress and House of Delegates!” so it doesn’t get missed. Make sure you receive a confirmation of receipt within a few days.
- At the head of the essay include your name, address, phone number, school and AARC member number. Entries without this information will not be considered.
- Give your essay a creative title. On a single page, in size 12 font, explain why we should send you to Congress and how attending the House of Delegates meetings will help you and the ISRC. When you return, we would like you to write up a summary of your experiences so we can share it with others.
- The Idaho Delegates and the ISRC Executive Committee (Respiratory Care faculty/ program associates excluded) will be selecting the winners. We will consider grammar, spelling, why you believe the HOD and the AARC are important, and your ability to clearly express yourself.
- Involvement in the ISRC in some capacity will earn additional points.
If you are selected, here’s what we expect of you:
- You will commit yourself to be available for both the International Congress and House of Delegates, including a mixer the evening before the HOD meeting. The ISRC will reimburse you for airfare after you submit your receipt for your ticket if we are unable for any reason to get your airfare charged directly. You will sign an agreement to reimburse the ISRC for all non-reimbursable expenses in the event you cancel your trip. You will provide receipts to the ISRC Treasurer.
NOTE: The AARC provides free National Congress registration to any students attending the full two days of the Fall HOD meeting (must be registered student delegates). You will be responsible for any additional housing costs. This is a tremendous opportunity for any student!
- You will be representing the ISRC at the meetings. Therefore, you will show up on time for meetings, dress appropriately (business casual), and conduct yourself properly.
The BOD will determine the winner by September 10th and notify that individual by email. We will recognize the winner of the essay contest during the ISRC State Conference in spring. GOOD LUCK!
SAVE THE DATE!
The Annual ISRC Respiratory Conference to be held September 26 and 27, 2019! We are working to bring you the latest in lectures in Respiratory Care. If you would like to present at this years ISRC conference or have topic ideas, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Conference Prices:
- Member One-Day: $75
- Member Two-Day: $130
- Non-member One-Day: $85
- Non-member Two-Day: $145
- Student: One-Day $25
- Student: Two -Day $40
Online Registration coming soon!